Labels

Sunday 28 October 2012

Visions and goals

I have come to that stage again in my life where I have set out some goals I want to achieve in the next one to three years. I have lots of exams to pass, new courses to enroll in, my chartership portfolio to complete and it makes me so excited having being in a state of doldrums for sometime now. I am always excited when I can sit myself down and set some goals to pursue or highlight my dreams and set about achieving them. One of my goals is to do my PhD. I actually started this almost ten years ago but deferred it after a year due to some crisis I experienced. I have always had that nagging feeling of emptiness that I hadn't been able to erase because I am someone who hates not accomplishing what I set out to do. I actually tried to work on this about 3 years ago but listened to discouragements from people who had questioned it's relevance to my profession. I have come to a stage where I have reflected on it deeply and have come to the realisation that it's not so much about relevance to my profession (even though I know it will impact on it positively one way or the other no matter what people say) but it's all about my self-accomplishment. It is one thing I want to accomplish for myself... my very self. When I realised that, I felt excited and alive one more time as I seek to pursue it looking at the options available for me. I acknowledge it's going to be a big task but I think I am capable of achieving that.

No comments:

Post a Comment