Labels

Sunday 5 May 2013

Chartership - The Journey So Far!

The journey to Chartership has not been a smooth sailing one so far. I have set myself deadlines about three times now but I do know I have to meet this last deadline. I am trying to work on electronic submission and there are so many things that would need to be put in place for this to work. The images that should be set properly; the hyperlinking, bookmarking etc.
I have been lucky in terms of the new Mentor I have now. I originally had a mentor from a not too near library, this has really slowed me down so I had to change because of distance and I needed to speed things up. There was a period when nothing happened and I even toyed with the idea of letting it all go.
I got a new Mentor from my workplace and she's been genuinely supportive and helpful. It has helped me also with the motivation aspect of it because I always see her and can ask questions anytime and informally sometimes about the Portfolio. She is my former LM which makes it easier as she already understands what I do and also knowing me personally helped her in guiding me appropriately.  It's always been said it's good to have a Mentor from another library or type of library but I like to think having a mentor from your area has it's own advantages too because you'll both be operating on the same wavelength. I have set a deadline now for myself for July. I hope to reinforce it by writing this blog about it. I have promised myself to write a reflective blog in July about the whole experience after submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment