Labels

Sunday 12 February 2012

Tribute to Whitney Houston

image taken from:http://www.musicstack.com/item/162762784
I was so sad today when I went on the internet and I received full in the face the news that Whitney Houston is dead. It was a big shock. Whitney had impacted in no small way into my life while growing up. She had been an inspiration to me. Her song Greatest love of all had meant a lot to me and If I am permitted to say it, It's been like my personal anthem. Yes she fell, like every human being would at one time or the other, but she rose again. This is the beauty of humanity, to fall and yet to rise again. I felt for her when she was in the throes of drugs and all that but she came out of it all and my heart was delighted for her when I saw her perfom at the 2009 UK Xfactor.

She was a pace-setter with a lot of landmarks in her life: the only artist to chart seven consecutive No.1 Billboard 100 hits, the second artist and the only female artist to have 2 No. 1 Billboard 200 Album awards, One of her songs was the best selling single by a female artist in music history and much more... what more can I say, She was a legend in her own right and she was very beautiful.

May her gentle soul rest in peace and I pray her daughter would always make the right choices as she learns from her Mother's life and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment