Labels

Sunday 23 October 2011

Launching out...

I went to the leisure centre with my family yesterday. Everytime they wanted to go swimming, I only agreed to enter the swimming pool because my last kid is still under eight and the rule says he must be accompanied into the water by an adult. I don't know how to swim but they all do swim a bit. So I would just stay in the corner of the pool, grabbing the sidepole and trashing a bit with my legs. The only activity I enjoyed was the steaming I had after I've soaked a bit.

I was nudged and persuaded by my sister yesterday to rest my chest on a float and use my hands and legs. I then realised how much I've missed out. I did enjoy myself as I realised even though my movements may be awkward in the water (especially as they laughed at my 'bootylicious') but I was able to move myself around and it was a different feeling than when I stayed in my famous corner looking at everyone swim.

Then I thought about how much we do miss out in life all because we fail to launch out,take the plunge and try new things. I'm beginning to think about different areas of my life where I need to take the plunge and launch out. It's going to be a whole new experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment